The GIA and AGSL are the two most widely respected authorities on diamonds, so Blue Nile
only offers diamonds with grading reports from these laboratories. The GIA (Gemological Institute of America) set the standard for diamond grading and gemological identification, and their grading system serves as the international gem and jewelry industry's benchmark credentials. This report describes the following:
- Shape and Cutting Style - The diamond shape and cutting style.
- Measurement - The diamond dimensions in millimeters.
- Weight - Weight of diamond listed to the nearest hundredth of a carat.
- Depth - Depth (for round diamonds) and/or width (for fancy shapes) relative to diameter.
- Table - Table facet (for round diamonds) and/or width (for fancy shapes) relative to diameter.
- Girdle - Range of girdle thickness.
- Culet - Appearance of culet facet.
- Finish - Grades of polish and symmetry.
- Clarity - Clarity grade determined under 10x magnification.
- Clarity Plot - A map of the approximate size, type, and position of inclusions as viewed under a microscope.
- Color - Grade of color.
- Fluorescence - Color, and strength of color when diamond is viewed under UV light.
- Comments - Description of additional diamond characteristics not mentioned in the report.
The Blue Nile
philosophy is simple: Offer high-quality diamonds and fine jewelry at outstanding prices. At Blue Nile
, you'll find the education and guidance that make shopping easy and straightforward, so you'll make the best decision. Blue Nile
standards of quality ensure that when you go to Blue Nile, you've already edited your selection to the finest certified loose diamonds and jewelry. We're confident you won't find a better quality diamond or piece of jewelry for the price. [ Source: www.bluenile.com ]
Blue Nile Engagement Rings: Purchase Engagement Rings and Luxury Jewelry at Blue Nile
As the leading online diamond retailer, Blue Nile
offers the largest collection of the world's finest cut diamonds. Pre-selected for exceptional quality, the cut, color, and clarity of Blue Nile
loose diamonds are evaluated based on a standardized grading scale. Also, each loose diamond is accompanied by a grading report from either GIA or AGSL, independent diamond grading labs with the most stringent grading scales of all labs. [ Source: www.bluenile.com ]